Monday, January 21, 2008

"tagged" by mommy zabs

01. One book that changed your life-

Is the bible too clique to mention? That one seems so obvious even though it is true. Outside of the bible the other most life changing book I've ever read has been The Irresistible Revolution by Shane Claiborne. (oh he has a new book out too! "Jesus for President").

02. One book that you have read more than once

Night by Eli Weisel. This is the first book I ever read that had me in tears as an adolescent. So much about humanity just came crashing into my teenage mind by the time I had finished. I read it once a year.

03. One book you would want on a deserted Island

The encyclopedia. I would need constant stimulation and just one topic wouldn't cut it for me.

04. One book that made you laugh

Letters from a Nut by Ted L. Nancy

05. One book that made you cry

Didn't I already say Night made me cry? I will have to go with The Time Travelers Wife on this one. oh my gosh I sobbed and sobbed.

06. One book that you wish had been written

An instruction manual for my life. Wouldn't life be so much easier knowing what to do at every bend of the river in life? I guess there's "faith" if you want to go that route, but some day's I'd rather just have all the answers. *sigh*


07. One book that you wish had never been written

The Anarchists Cookbook. I think it has mislead a lot of people into thinking that anarchism and violence/chaos are one in the same and that simply isn't true. Anarchists stand for the removal of government not an insane free for all with no order where people are being harmed. Finding the government unnecessary is a far cry from the making homemade bombs.

08. One book you are currently reading

Affluenza

09. One book you have been meaning to read

The Slaughterhouse Five

10. Now I am supposed to tag 5 people

michelle, beth, maria, meredith, anyone!

No comments: