1. What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before?
- attended a shemira for a friend's son who died
- observed lent
- lead a bible study
- experienced allergies
- WORKED OUT FAITHFULLY
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
i think i said something about giving up my false perceptions of how i am responsible for other people's emotions and actions. i think i did okay with that. i think 2012 will be an attempt to not complain.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
not in real life, oddly enough. though 5 or 6 of my friends are pregnant now
4. Did anyone close to you die?
two friend's lost children. henry to anencephaly at birth, and deacon was hit by a car at age 2.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
7. What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
i don't remember the dates but i vividly remember getting the phone call about deacon being hit by the car, and the single hour i spent alone with henry's casket. those were just so powerful and emotional.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
starting and leading what has so far been a successful small group. also, gaining a lot of ground with my anxiety. hellooooooo celexa!
9. What was your biggest failure?
struggling in a big way to see my neighbor through the eyes of Jesus.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
i yorked my neck and overworked my legs during a workout but besides that i can't remember even a cough.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
linus, our french bulldog
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
david. he works so hard and faithfully at everything he does.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
mortgage, food, car payment
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
my 30th birthday and subsequent birthday bash
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? happier
ii. thinner or fatter? fatter but happier on celexa so no complaints!
iii. richer or poorer? making in rain bills all up in herr
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
we woke up early, i made a big breakfast of sausage, bacon, cinnamon rolls, juice + tea, and david made french toast. we opened gifts and laid around basking at our colossally wrecked house from the weekends festivities. we didn't go to church even though it was sunday morning because we had gone to a late communion service the night before with my family. i took a nap. i made a very healthy chicken parmesan for all of us to enjoy when david's parents came over. we exchanged gifts one final time and when they left i took ANOTHER nap. you know, one for sunday (as is part of my "religion") and another because it was christmas.
22. Did you fall in love in 2011?
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
doctor who foreverrrr.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
oh gosh too many! i fall in love with almost every book i read. the girl with the dragon tattoo series? the maze runner series? southern vampier series? i read 46 books in 2011.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
28. What did you want and get?
lots and lots of glorious sleep, a better marriage, a circle of amazing people, God's faithfulness, healthy family, oh and a french bulldog
29. what did you want & not get?
peace with my neighbor
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
we had a huge bash at wild goose creative with a Real caterer. i was 30
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
peace with my neighbor
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
power clashing, high end thrift store, toeing the line of ugly/cute
34. What kept you sane?
my husband + celexa + jesus
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
37. Who did you miss?
no one in particular
38. Who was the best new person you met?
we went from "i know you" to "good friends with" dan starcher
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010:
everyone is damaged, everyone carries their baggage with them into the next experience, but there is hope for healing. my dog linus taught me and teaches me this
40. quote a song lyric that sums up your year: