Wednesday, November 15, 2006

sleepy post

every day i wake up tired. the thought that keeps swirling in my head is i need more transitional time. i need more transitional time. ive got to get in the mood and it takes quite a bit of "buttering me up" before my body relents and drifts off. my nightly routine is an awful one for me.

livejournal
myspace
gmail
cloth diaper hunt for baby olive
write a little entry
write a little article
get ready for bed
run virus scan while i brush my teeth
check gmail again just in case the most important news everrr came in the last 3 seconds
turn off computer
wash face
talk in bed until david falls asleep
try to get my preggo body comfortable

i *start* getting ready for bed usually around 11 pm which puts me in bed around 11:30 and asleep around 12:30 pm or anywhere as late as 1:30 am. augustine wakes up at 7 and has breakfast with papa then finds his way into my bed just in time for higley town heros at 7:30. so we cuddle and smooch around in bed until 8, then play games or whatever until his first nap around 9. at which time i totally pass out until he wakes me up again, usually two hours later. this is the first time of the day i am truly awake.

so i have made it a point to start getting ready for bed at 10 pm, sans tuesdays because i am a nip/tuck addict and that starts at 10. but every other day i have plans to be in bed no later than 10:15 pm and read a book or do my word searches that i love so dearly until i feel tired. i did this last night with great success. i felt tired by an astounding 11 pm and nodded off even before david came to bed.

oh our cats have fleas and im afraid for augustine or i to touch anything in the house, let alone them. im only slightly germ a phobic i swear. the other night david gave the cats a flea bath. i couldnt help but laugh hearing all of the funny noises and exclaimations that echoed down the stairs from the bathroom. i sat on the couch and talked to augustine about what a wonderful daddy he has and how much he loves us both to give the kitties a bath all by himself (the shampoo wasnt safe for pregnant women to touch). augustine kept meowing like a cat and saying "papa!" (his favorite word as of late.) and pointing upstairs. im glad my son is a near carbon copy of my husband.

No comments: