1) Link back to Green Meme Bloggers. (use image if you like)
2) Link back to whoever tagged you (no need to wait to be tagged!)
3) Include meme number
4) Include these guidelines in your post
5) Tag 3 other green bloggers.
1. Do you use baking soda toothpaste or baking soda shampoo? If not, would you consider it?
I used the no-poo method of washing my hair for several months but I could not get it to jive with my hair after a while. I was using tons and tons of baking soda just to achieve a clean feel and it felt wasteful after a time. One day I got my haircut and my hairdresser washed my hair with a traditional shampoo and it felt so silky and healthy that I quit no-pooing for good. Now I use Burt's Bees Pomegranate and Soy shampoo
2. Do you make any home cleaning products?
We use biodegradable dish soap and organic face wash. Not only can is the dish soap awesome but I can use it to water plants outside in a safe way that won't cause gross run off that is harmful to the earth. I also use Bac Out for stains. As far as every day cleaning products I'm a tea tree oil maniac. There is little I wont slap this stuff on! Baking soda and vinegar are staple cleaning products too but I use simple soap and water to clean most things. A big bowl of hot water and a squirt of dish soap, what more do you need? I've been wanting to start making my own laundry detergent but havn't just yet.
3. What is your top green issue at the moment?
Using our energy in our home better. Mostly turning down the heat. It seems like we are always picking new topics to dig deeper on and freezing our buns off is this seasons "it" project.
4. Given unlimited cash, what is on your fantasy green wishlist?
An earthship, fully functional gray water system built into the home, fully run on alternative power. Oh and have it be in the city! haha.
5. Have you implemented any new green act/behaviour/product this month?
As I said above, mostly we are challenging ourselves to turn down the heat. We've made it to 55 at night without so much as a morning sniffle! It makes for some chilly bolts to the thermostat in the morning though ill admit.
I am going to tag Mandi at Herban Homestead, Amanda at PrettyfnMess and Corin (who has multiple blogs!)