Tuesday, August 21, 2007

electric car, hpv, camping

david converted the black mercedes this weekend to run on vegetable oil. that, coupled with our viewing of who killed the electric car? cemented my feelings that i wish to never own a solely gasoline powered car for the rest of my life. period. im not trying to get on people's cases who have gas powered cars (um hello my entire friends list...) but i forever want to put my money where my mouth is and help the human race stop killing itself via polluting the environment. baby steps, baby steps. that movie - which i highly recommend to anyone - brought up a few other things that i wish to declare. they are as follows: politicians are evil, big business is concerned with nothing more than money, jimmy carter was the coolest president, george bush is the least, dependency on foreign oil directly contributes to political instability inthe middle east, and GM broke my heart when they killed that sweet little car that could have changed the world.

interesting article on the HPV vaccine made it's way into my inbox this morning via mothering magazine. apparently those given the shot are at higher risk for Guillain-Barre Syndrome. for all info on the safety of gardasil go here

oh we're going camping this weekend again. barring eyeball explosions of course.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My family went to Long's Retreat all the time when I was growing up, and it was always a really great place. It was always taken care of and just nice and peaceful. Plus, it was tons of fun as a kid :) I hope that you start feeling better before you go!

I think it's really awesome that you are making all of these changes to do what you believe in. I know that in my own apartment we have made several changes, and there is such a great feeling of taking care of things. Also, there is this feeling of being connected to people in history who didn't have technology. My roomate comes from an Italian background, and over there, things are much simpler and less technology based, like they always have been. It's been really great to incorporate that aspect into our day-to-day lives!

Olive said...

anything i need to know about the place before we go?